Home and school are a young child’s two most important worlds. Children must bridge these two worlds every day. If home and school are connected in positive ways, children feel secure. Teachers can build a true partnership when they truly value the family’s role in a child’s education and recognize how much they can accomplish by working with families and vice versa by respecting your school and their teachers, you are modeling a valuable life long habit.
- Our teachers learned through many years of experience of doing what they loved best that babies need:
- Individualized care and attention
- A safe place to explore
- Engaging experiences that help them learn about the world around them
- Group activities for their social and emotional health
- Our infant program offers a nurturing environment and teachers who provide opportunities for your baby to learn and grow at his or her own pace
- Our teachers will take care of and support your infant’s daily needs the same way you do at home
- We will sing, talk, hold, read, play, rock, rub your baby’s back… for your infant to blossom by stimulating your baby’s cognitive emotional and physical development
- Our infant center is small and personal with the same caregivers since the opening of our infant center for your infant to have the opportunity to form a strong bond with their caregiver and to form a sense of identity
- By having a strong bond to his/her caregiver your child feels secure and therefore develops confidence to go and explore his/her environment. By exploring the child runs into numerous opportunities for problem solving, which is the basis of a young child’s development. By appreciating development, Small Size Big Mind can provide a rich, appropriate environment with activities such as hands on, discovery-oriented, collaborative, open-ended experiences that translate experience into learning.
Leave a Reply